Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Wow, where do I start? If I could sum up everything in one word, it would be "surreal". I keep thinking, "This has to be a dream!"

Okay, well a few highlights from Germany are climbing the tower of the cathedral in Ulm; thankfully I didn't have a claustrophobic attack on the narrow, winding stone staircase.






Visiting the Schloß Favorite in Baden-Baden with Stefanie and Tobias



Going to the Ludwigsburg castle; that was a huge highlight!


Bringing in the New Year in Münchingen. Since the country is so densely populated compared to Canada, and we could see at least 20 different towns from the hill by the Glocker's house, the fireworks were absolutely amazing! Everywhere you looked there were fireworks going off all the time, as far a you could see. Amazing. I shouldn't even put this picture up, because it doesn't do it justice at all.


And lastly, it was really exciting when I finally got over my fear of making an utter fool out of myself and starting attempting more German. Stefanie's family and friends are very encouraging...surprised cheers every time I tried. :) It was so exciting when someone would ask me something in German, and I not only understood, but knew how to answer them! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment