Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Germany! (finally!)

I have arrived in Germany. My flight from London to Stuttgart on Sunday was cancelled, but after a brief bawling session in the bathroom, I decided that all was not lost, and settled down enough to snooze a bit during the night and got a flight out the next day at noon. On the plus side, one gets a lot of time to read between cat naps, and I got through Persuasion in one day. :)

I am staying with my penpal Stefanie's family in Münchingen, just outside of Stuttgart. We went to Ulm yesterday and climbed halfway up the steeple of the cathedral there- the Ulmer Münster. That was amazing. Then we went to the Ritter Sport factory. Also amazing. :) Now I'm in Bühl, near the border of France. There is tons of snow here, I am in heaven! :)

1 comment:

  1. Let your adventure begin! Oh, we missed you at Dan's Senior Citizen party. Check out my blog soon to check out some of the pictures. Lori

    ReplyDelete